On January 6th, 2021, after weeks of being spurred on by President Trump and his unhinged surrogates, Trumpaloon “patriots” defended their dwindling grasp on reality and an America that has never existed by attacking Capitol Police officers, urinating on carpets, and smearing their feces on walls, while basically demonstrating that they are about as civilized as your average barnyard animal.
They’re best represented by Elizabeth from Knoxville, TN, a woman now famous for being surprised that law enforcement officers would mace her simply because she was trying to illegally force her way into a federal building during a riot. She then incredibly went on to explain that she had been illegally storming the Capitol and earned a face full of police grade mace, because “It’s a revolution!”
The (predominantly) white mob of deluded imbeciles actually convinced themselves that they would be able to successfully engage in insurrection against their own country without being armed, apparently believing Capitol Police would let them charge into Congress and start hanging Representatives and Senators without so much as a ticket. These people are absolutely morons.
However, these morons are still responsible for the deaths of seven people, including two law enforcement officers…
- Officer Brian D. Sicknick, died from traumatic brain injuries caused by a Trump supporter hitting him in the head with a fire extinguisher. (Edit: “Investigators initially believed he was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher, based on statements collected early in the investigation, according to two people familiar with the case. And they later thought Sicknick may have ingested a chemical substance — possibly bear spray — that may have contributed to his death.“)
- Ashli E. Babbitt, a Qanon quack, died after being shot in the throat while illegally climbing through a barricaded window into the foyer outside the Senate Chamber.
- Rosanne Boyland, another Qanon nut, was ironically trampled to death while carrying a Gadsden Flag by Trump supporters trying to illegally rush into the Capitol Building.
- Kevin Greeson, a Trump supporter, was struck down by a heart attack outside.
- Benjamin Phillips, also a Trump supporter, was felled by a stroke outside.
- Officer Howard Liebengood, took his own life days after responding to the January 6th riot.
- Christopher S. Georgia, a Trump supporter, committed suicide after being arrested by the FBI after apparently finally realizing that he was actually a traitor to his country.
While I find it ironic that these people (the rioters) believe they could endure the rigors of an actual civil war when several of them dropped dead merely from the excitement of an unruly protest out in the cold, in the fine Trumpgoon tradition of denigrating people who die while engaging in criminal behavior (and sedition, insurrection, and rioting definitely qualify), I can only say “Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.”
Regardless, GOD willing, today will be the last full day Donald Trump curses American politics, but the real work of cleaning up after his cretinous reign still lies ahead of us. As I’ve said many times, the orange buffoon isn’t himself the disease. He is merely the symptom of the white nationalist corruption that has bloomed into a gangrenous, pus filled philosophical chasm where the Republican Party once stood.
We must realize that Trump couldn’t have tipped the entire Republican political apparatus into the festering abyss of his fragile sociopathic ego without a mob of degenerates already receptive to his fascist demagoguery, with a political class willing to abandon every moral, virtue, and principle they claimed to hold just to appease the mouth breathers hordes.
The Republican Party has had four years to stand up to Trump. They didn’t. Even while he has repeatedly revealed himself to be an ignorant, bigoted cretin, Republicans have stood by and did nothing. Only after his barbaric supporters attacked our nation’s Capitol in the most inept revolution in world history has Trump’s approval actually dropped down to below 30%.
That means that everything that lead up to open sedition was fine for Republicans, and for 29% of the population, even sedition is just fine. And that’s where we are. Three out of every ten Americans actually believes that urinating on carpets and crapping on floors is “patriotic“. When Donald Trump leaves office at noon on Wednesday, January 20th, 2021, we’ll still be surrounded by these scumbags.
#NeverTrump #NeverGOP #3rdPartyNow
Liberty is For The Win!